You’ve booked your boudoir photography session, now let’s get ready!
As you probably know already, the studio does not carry a full client wardrobe. The main reason is, we all come in so many different shapes and sizes! This is the best way to ensure your outfit fits you perfectly and you feel comfortable and sexy in it, no gaping cups or pinching bottoms. Not to mention it can make the reveal of your pictures extra fun if they’re intended for a special someone and accompanied by you wearing the same outfit, oh lala!
I am a firm believer that a picture is worth a thousand words, so the best start is my idea Pinterest board, to give you some visual tips on good options for wardrobe for your shoot.
You will quickly see that while some fancy lacy numbers look amazing, your options stretch far beyond that and you probably already own quite a few of them! Some popular ones are:
– Bodysuits! Always look so classy and hot at the same time. Excellent if you want something with a bit more coverage while you get comfortable with your shoot or prefer not to draw attention to the midsection of the body. They’re also a better option than loose fitting baby dolls since they give you shape while minimizing the tummy area.
– Your significant other’s favorite button down shirt – works great with a dressy one as well as a comfy flannel. Tie optional!
– Sports jersey. Bonus points for sports gear too!
– Leather jacket. Hot and edgy!
– Just a white sheet. I got you covered on that one (pun very much intended). I have a white sheet ready in the studio that we can wrap you up.
Now you probably still want to do the fancy lacy numbers too, though. Here are some shopping options that go a little past the obligatory Victoria’s Secret visit:
Yandy | SheIn | Amazon – you’ve probably come across these options before. Huge selection and very reasonable prices. Quality can be very hit or miss, so you’d want to check reviews and look at pictures closely, but the selection is hard to beat, and we only need the pieces to look good for a short amount of time, right?
Savage x Fenti – because Rihanna always knows best. Gorgeous pieces at mid range prices, and plus sizes to boot.
Playful Promises – very playful, fabulously impractical pieces on the higher edge of mid-range pricing. Plus sizes available as well.
Honey Birdette – the splurge entry on the list, you’re going to feel like a million bucks in one of their sets.
What Katie Did – specializing in retro style lingerie for that va va voom flavor.
FigLeaves – large collection of indie brands, including maternity, nursing and mastectomy styles.
Adrina Dietra – are you local to Ithaca? Stop by this store in Press Bay Court for some one of a kind lingerie handmade by a woman of color, right here in our local community.
Let’s not forget the extras – string of pearls, your significant other’s game controllers or music instrument, sports jersey, your wedding veil, favorite book. No loaded weapons or drug paraphernalia, please.
And don’t forget to pack some heels. Or cowboy boots!
Once you’re set with outfits, check out the getting ready guide for more tips on preparing for your boudoir photography session.
*absolutely NO affiliate links in this post. These are just suggestions I wanted to provide in case they’re helpful to you.